Starting with your dream wedding involves a series of steps; You must first be informed of the requirements to marry by the civilian. In Ecuador, the solemnization of marriage is performed before the ecclesiastical ceremony.
The union of two people through certain rites or legal formalities recognized by law as a family is registered before the civil authorities, that is, through a judge.
The requirements to marry the civilian are the following:
- Proof of payment, made in the agencies of the institution
- Identity card of the bride and groom and witnesses.
- Two witnesses.
- A document that evidences the regular stay in the country
- Identity document of the country of origin, members of the CAN / UNASUR
- Certificate of marital status
- Sworn declaration of marital status in case of contracting party: refugee, expatriate or asylee
- Special power of attorney in case of being performed by a third party
- Disability card
How does the process start?
- You must request the service in the Civil Registry, in the information module.
- In the attention module, present the documents requested by the entity for review.
- Cancel the value of the procedure.
- On the day of the marriage, go 30 minutes before the assigned time and wait for the call of the judge who is going to celebrate the marriage.
In addition, it is essential that at least one of the spouses is present for document verification, data validation, payment and arrangement of the date and time of the marriage.
Among the requirements to get married, take into account the time, the ceremony can be scheduled maximum one month in advance and according to schedule availability. Marriages take place from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00, in case one of the parties is a foreigner, the solemnization will take place in the main offices of Quito, Guayaquil, and Cuenca.
If you want to get married on a Saturday, you must request it before 15 days and present a sketch of the place to perform the wedding, also, cancel the corresponding values for this service.
They must also define who will be the administrator of the property company before the competent authority or when scheduling the marriage.
What is the cost of the procedure?
- 50 dollars, value that does not tax VAT.
- 250 if the marriage will take place outside the Civil Registry.
- For people with disabilities of 30% or more, there is no cost.
Present at the ceremony with the originals of the citizenship cards or valid identity documents and at least one valid witness per contracting party.
Resident foreigners who have obtained an identity card may contract a marriage at any agency of the General Directorate of Civil Registry, Identification, and Identification of the country.
Requirements for ecclesiastical marriage:
An ecclesiastical or Catholic marriage is the union of two people, where before God they make a commitment of love and responsibility, in a church and a priest is the one who formalizes the marriage.
In most countries, ecclesiastical marriage involves a great celebration, with great and meticulous preparations; formal attire and a long guest list. However, few people take into account that religious weddings also carry a series of requirements.
- The first step with which we must comply to be able to get married by the church is to make the reservation of the wedding date at least one month in advance. This is due to the large number of couples planning their church wedding.
- The second of the requirements to get married is that both parties are baptized. To verify this, it is necessary that they deliver their baptism certificate.
- The third condition is that both have made their first communion and confirmation in the same way they must deliver the supporting documents.
- In addition, before the wedding, you must also take the pre-marriage course, where they will teach and rehearse all the steps to follow during the union of the couple before God.
- Finally, it is to have two godparents, who must be a couple married by the church.
Marriage is the beginning of a shared life, a series of goals outlined as a couple. It is a step that begins with the celebration of an unforgettable wedding, therefore, plan in advance the necessary procedures and details for the party.
You may also be interested in How to organize an unforgettable wedding?.